Aromatherapy and Rice Packs…
Everyone suffers from sore muscles at one point or another whether it is from sitting at a computer all day long, an injury, Fibromyalgia or even exercise. Good news you don’t have to suffer anymore! One of my favorite things to use is a rice pack they are so versatile you can use them hot or cold to treat specific types of muscle soreness. I make mine infused with Lavender to add an element of relaxation to them so I can also have the added benefits of Lavender to ease my tension.
Here are some tips on how I use my rice packs.
- I heat mine for 2 min in the microwave and place it on my neck and shoulders after a long day to help me relax and distress. It is a real help to unwind during the evening along with helping to relieve my tight shoulders.
- It also makes a nice cold pack for my tired eyes and also keeps the swelling down on the delicate under eye area. I put it in the freezer for about an hour or until it gets really cold and lay down with it over my eyes. The Lavender also helps me breath deep and relax.
- Colds or coughs! No worries I heat the rice pack for about a minute or two and due to the natural steaming of the rice and the Lavender it helps relax my cough and clear my sinuses!
- Feet aching or cold again no problem heat the rice pack for a minute or two in the microwave and place it on your feet to soothe the ache or heat them up.
- I make Mini packs too they are great for hand warmers or freeze for little ones bumps and burses plus if they break open for some reason I don’t have to worry about the gel that are in most icepacks getting all over or little ones eating it.
- Ladies these are great for cramps! Again heat the pack for 2 minutes and place on the abdomen not only does the heat help but the Lavender will calm the nerves and relax your cramping muscles.
- Fibromyalgia?? Try this on those aching spots and help relax the symptoms.
I make these Lavender infused rice packs and hope you find the benefits helpful to use for any aches and pains you have or just to relax and enjoy the warmth and smell. I infuse my rice with Lavender and let sit for 24 hours to really let the rice absorb the scent, then when the Lavender wears down over time (about 2-3 months) I just drop 4-5 drops of Lavender on the outside of the pack after heating or cooling.
If you have a rice pack already get some Lavender and give it a try you will Love it!
*These are the opinions of Hope, Faith & Health Blog. They are not intended to treat or diagnose medical issues but aid in the symptoms and relief. Thanks and enjoy!*